The second edition of The Carnivore Code (new cover and index!) is available for pre-order now! www.Thecarnivorecodebook.com release date is August 4th 2020 in ebook, print, and audiobook formats.
Dr. Cordain is a Professor in the Department of Health and Exercise Science at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado. His research emphasis over the past 15 years has focused upon the evolutionary and anthropological basis for diet, health and well being in modern humans.Currently, Dr. Cordain’s research team is exploring the connection between dietary elements that increase intestinal permeability (primarily saponins and lectins) and autoimmune disease, particularly multiple sclerosis. He has lectured extensively on the “Paleolithic Nutrition” concept world wide, and has written three popular books (The Paleo Diet, John Wiley & Sons; The Paleo Diet for Athletes, Rodale Press; The Dietary Cure for Acne) summarizing his research findings.
- 10:16 Start of the podcast.
- 18:46 Paul’s nutrition journey
- 19:26 Do plant foods trigger inflammation?
- 24:16 Plants don’t want to be eaten.
- 29:51 WGA
- 32:07 Lectins.
- 35:56 Lectins and autoimmunity
- 37:26 Genetic susceptibility to plant toxins.
- 43:01 Nuts and Seeds.
- 46:06 Diet of hunter gatherers.
- 1:00:16 Did our Paleolithic ancestors live short lives?
- 1:02:22 Fructose consumption.
- 1:13:06 Thoughts on a carnivore diet.
- 1:23:16 Is there risk of nutrient deficiencies on a Carnivore Diet?
- 1:29:46 Sodium to Potassium ratio.
- 1:40:16 Do animals seek out salt?
- 1:51:06 Trevor’s fasting insulin levels.
- 1:56:16 Are there carnivore diet studies in the medical literature?
- 1:58:26 Are there nutrient deficiencies on a carnivore diet? (continued)
- 2:01:06 Other plant toxins.
- 2:03:30 Optimizing a carnivore diet.
- 2:11:16 Where to find Dr.Cordain, Mark, and \trevor’s work online.
- 2:12:06 The most radical thing they have done recently.
Low Salt Intake and Insulin Sensitivity:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10371376 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=iwaoka+glucose+salt https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7997846
Nutrisense (Continuous Glucose Monitor- CGM): www.Nutrisense.io, use the code CarnivoreMD for 20$ off.
BluBlox: www.blublox.com use the code CarnivoreMD for 15% off your order
White Oak Pastures: Use the code CARNIVOREMD at www.whiteoakpastures.com for 10% off your first order!
Belcampo: Use the Code CarnivoreMD for 20% off!
To subscribe to my newsletter visit: carnivoremd.com
My contact information:
Facebook: Paul Saladino MDemail: [email protected]